- Buy nowSecond Edition
- Request academic inspection copy
- Preview with Google Books
EMT-Basic Pearls of Wisdom is a collection of rapid-fire questions and answers to help students prepare for EMT-B state and national certification and refresher exams. It consists of “pearls”—succinct pieces of knowledge in a question and answer format. Designed to maximize test scores, EMT-Basic Pearls of Wisdom prunes complex concepts down to the simplest kernel.
EMT-Basic Pearls of Wisdom is an excellent study guide for EMT-Basic students going through initial or refresher training. The manual is written in direct correlation to the U.S. DOT EMT-Basic National Standard Curriculum. Objectives are covered in the order and manner in which they appear in the curriculum.
EMT-Basic Pearls of Wisdom is an interactive text, set up in a format that encourages active learning. Unlike multiple-choice formats, this study aid requires the student to come up with the answer. Questions are followed by answers consisting of additional information to enhance learning. Emphasis has been placed on evoking both trivia and key facts that are easily overlooked, but which appear on certification exams.
Features & Benefits
- Voices of Experience: Each module opens with a vignette from a seasoned provider about lessons from the field.
- Module Quizzes: Each module concludes with a multiple-choice quiz similar to national certification exams, allowing students to test themselves in a standard testing format.
- Advanced Airway: EMT-Basic Pearls of Wisdom exceeds the U.S. DOT EMT-Basic National Standard Curriculum with a chapter dedicated to advanced airway procedures and terrorism response.
Table of Contents
Section 1: Preparatory
Section 2: Airway
Section 3: Patient Assessment
Section 4: Medical Emergencies
Section 5: Trauma
Section 6: Infants and Children
Section 7: Operations
Section 8: Advanced Airway