- Buy nowFirst Edition
- Request academic inspection copy
- Preview with Google Books
The Patient Response Field Guide puts essential assessment and management information into the hands of BLS providers. The guide includes an introductory section on basic assessment modalities, including DCAP-BTLS, SAMPLE, AVPU, and OPQRST, offering BLS providers a ready review as they approach the patient scene.
Key medical and trauma emergencies are then organized alphabetically so they are easily accessible when providers need them most. Each emergency follows a logical structure:
- Pertinent Considerations and Findings - Signs and symptoms, patient history
- Physical Examination – Vital signs, skin condition, assessment guidance
- Treatment – Standard management details for each condition
This indispensible guide includes "Key Question" boxes throughout to remind providers of the questions that may help them rule in or rule out certain conditions.
Features & Benefits
- “Key Question” boxes included throughout remind providers of the questions that may help them rule in or rule out certain conditions
Table of Contents
The guide includes the most common emergencies that BLS providers face in the field, including:
- Altered mental status, diabetic emergencies, and neurologic emergencies
- Allergic reactions
- Chest pain
- Behavioral emergencies
- Respiratory distress
- Glasgow Coma Scale, the Rules of Nines, BLS medications, and mass-casualty incident protocols are also covered.