- Buy nowFourth edition
- Request academic inspection copy
Wilderness First Aid: Emergency Care for Remote Locations, Fourth Edition provides information on how to handle common injuries and illnesses when medical care is an hour away or more. Designed for those who work or travel in remote locations, this comprehensive guide will teach you what to look for and what to do in the event of an emergency, and direct you to the most appropriate type of care. Completely revised, the Fourth Edition contains updated information on first aid training and meets the 2010 cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) and emergency cardiovascular care (ECC) guidelines.
The text also includes:
• Expanded information on heat and cold emergencies
• Updated guidelines for managing snake bite emergencies
• New information on managing diabetic emergencies
• Skill sheets providing step-by-step visual reviews of procedures discussed
• Flow charts reinforcing the decision-making process and appropriate procedures
• Decision tables provide a concise summary of what signs first aiders should look for and what treatment steps they should take
• Outstanding photography and illustrations
Wilderness First Aid: Emergency Care in Remote Locations, Fourth Edition Teaching Package
The Wilderness First Aid: Emergency Care in Remote Locations, Fourth Edition Teaching Package contains the following items:
- Wilderness First Aid Instructor’s ToolKit CD-ROM: The Instructor’s ToolKit CD-ROM includes PowerPoint presentations, detailed lesson plans, course outlines, exams, and evaluation forms for Wilderness First Aid: Emergency Care in Remote Locations, Fourth Edition.
Please contact Dee on firstname.lastname@example.org or 0044 1278 427800 to order this teaching pack.
- Wilderness First Aid DVD: This DVD provides detailed wilderness first aid skills demonstrations that enhance the classroom learning experience for students and assist them through their own practical examinations.
Only orders placed by qualified instructors will be honoured.
Orders containing this item will not be processed until instructor status is verified.